Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Dear Diary

Dear Diary,
This is my first night of multimedia class. Things I already know about technology are:
Technology, what a WORD and what a WORLD!.
I have never consider myself a technology person. I learn to work on a computer when I was doing my undergraduate studies. I purchase my first computer after graduating from college in June of 2000. To be sincere, I have no idea how I even survived my undergrad college experience with out a computer, but I did it!!!!!
I was force some how to learn about computers, and all of its tools by doing it myself. I have very funny stories about it. I know what a PC and a MAC is, but I have no idea what are the differences among them. I know that I am more familiar with the PC.
I know how to work with
1) Power Point, which I love to use for presentations and other things like party invitations
2) Publisher-good tool to use for banners, invitations, brochures and crafty stuff
3) Words, Paint and Adobe are some of the other tools I have use
4) Cellphones, I-pods, Plasma TV, etc....


Things I WANT TO KNOW about technology are:
1) I want to know how to incorporate all of these known tools and new tools in a science lesson.
2) I want to know how technology is use to teach K-12.

Things I hope to LEARN about technology are:
1) I hope to learn how these technologies will help me assess my students.
2) How they will help me reach each individual learner in a classroom.

1 comment:

Sharifah Hassan said...

To be able to use multimedia in class is a very refreshing way comparing with using chalk and talk method. I love looking at my students' excited faces when they knew that the lesson for day will be done in the multimedia lab.