Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Reflection, reflection, reflection...

Hi all!

Well I guess this is the time to be sincere. In my case this class has being very interesting in the sense that I have felt mix emotions. I recognize myself to be a visual learner, and when I first knew that we would have a mix of online and in class lessons, I was very upset and nervous. It is my first term taking online classes and it has being quite an experience. Some days I am like, yeah! finally I see how I can use technology in a positive way, and then some days I am like, Ok, what ever!

Let me mention some of the good things. I have learn about different tools that are useful for teachers, like the Web 2.0 tools. I loved the Gliffy web page, since I know I could be using that very often. Knowing about the new technology of Smart Board. That is amazing, I can definitely see myself using one of those.
The down side of the course, is that some times I will like to ask question, but I know I won't get an immediate answer, and that frustrate me. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the task assigned "in class". I do think though that this could be because I get upset pretty easy if I don't understand what I am doing. Once I figure out what I have to do and how to do it, I am ok.

Overall the course is good and is helpful for teachers. It introduce a different perspective on how to do good use of these technologies.

Truly,

Wida

2 comments:

KKoz said...

Wida,
I appreciate your honesty and self reflection. You have been doing great in class and your blogs are always very thought provoking. Keep up the good work! I had not thought about the fact that students would have a difficult time with the blended learning. I will try to keep that in mind for the rest of the term.
Dr. Kozloski : )

Unknown said...

Thanks for the mention of Gliffy. We are very appreciative. If you have any suggestions and/or feedback please drop us a line at our newly revamped website! Thanks,
debik at gliffy dot com